Sunday, April 1, 2012

Eat A Rainbow! Art!

Culinary Color Wheel
by Nicole Caulfield
colored pencil

As well as cooking for my family and working on the Mealpod websites with my sister Melissa, I am also an artist and an art teacher. I just finished a piece that combines these two interests. My subjects are always still-lifes and portraits but this particular picture really conveys healthy eating.

If you have ever heard the phrase "eat a rainbow" that is where the idea came from. The idea is that if you eat an array of colorful foods you are getting an equal array of nutrients.  

I use the color wheel all the time in my art classes so I just mixed the two ideas together to make a still-life of fruits and vegetables arranged on the color wheel platter. 

I am selling prints of Culinary Color Wheel online at Imagekind. Imagekind allows you to choose the paper or canvas you like, and frame it if you wish. They also let you pick the size of your print. I designed this picture so that printed the actual size of the drawing (30" x 24") the fruits and vegetables would be slightly larger than life-size, so I do recommend getting a print at THAT size. 

For our blog followers I am offering the print at a discounted price with this private url! The regular price of a 30" x 24" print is $59, but the discounted price is $44 if you follow this url! 

 If you would like to see more of my work, my art website is www.nicolecaulfieldfineart.com 

I am offering a $15 discount of the print to Mealpod blog followers! Just follow this link and choose your paper and size (24" x 30" recommended). 

-- Nicole


3 comments:

  1. Wow, so beautiful! And I'm completely blown away with the rest of your art Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Patti! & thank you for posting it!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. With bistroMD you can rest assured that you will not only get gourmet meals, but that every entree and every day in bistroMD's weight loss programs is balanced to bistroMD's custom nutritional platform to promote an healthy diet.

    STEP 1 - Choose one of the diet plans for 5 to 7 days of entrees.
    STEP 2 - View your menu before ordering and select the entrees you want for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your weight loss program.
    STEP 4 - Your entrees are delivered to your doorstep.

    ORDER NOW - home deliveries.

    ReplyDelete