Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Greek Meatza

Okay, to be honest? The Margherita Meatza was better than this one. This is tasty, don't get me wrong, but apparently, Greek just isn't my thing. It probably needs more spinach and another kind of cheese, but I wanted to stay true to the Greek thing and leave it with just feta.

Greek Meatza

mealpod
Published 02/09/2012
Paleo pizza with a meat crust and greek toppings.

Ingredients





  • 1 1/2lb ground beef




  • 1/2 lb ground lamb




  • 2 egg




  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated




  • 1 tsp salt




  • 1 tsp fennel seed




  • 1 tsp oregano, ground




  • 1 tsp garlic salt




  • 1 tsp ground black pepper




  • 1 tsp red pepper flakes
  • Instructions





    1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and measure and mix your crust seasonings together in a small bowl.




    2. Place beef in large mixing bowl and eggs. Once you have thoroughly mixed in the egg add the seasoning mix and Parmesan cheese. Flatten beef into a 12 x 17 jelly roll pan and place into oven for 10 minutes.




    3. Spread the crust evenly with feta.




    4. Arrange tomatoes on the top, then remaining ingredients.




    5. Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is melty, about 10 minutes.
    6. Prep Time: 20
      Cook time: 20

      Nutrition

      • Calories: 269




    7. Fat: 17




    8. Sodium: 492




    9. Totalcarbs: 3




    10. Protein: 26
    11. 4 comments:

      1. I keep missing this on your meatza recipes. How many servings are you figuring when you take your nutrition numbers?

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. I don't know why the servings don't show up, that's weird! I make it into 12 square pieces.

          Delete
        2. I don't know why the servings don't show up, that's weird! I make it into 12 square pieces.

          Delete
      2. I bet with a big pile of wet spinach it would be perfect. I'm hungry.

        ReplyDelete