Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bacon & Brie Stuffed Chicken Rolls


So. I attempted to make something more "Mealpod" and less "Paleo" but I failed. LOL. I tried to add rice to my crockpot recipe and it turned into a gelatinous mass! I think maybe I was supposed to add it at the last hour instead of slow cooking it forever.

Anyway! The chicken tastes delicious and it's moist and bacon-y. Pounding out the chicken was.not.fun. I need to get some better kitchen tools. I think this recipe really has potential and I will probably try it again!

Bacon & Brie Stuffed Chicken Rolls

mealpod
Published 02/08/2012
Palo crockpot recipe, boneless skinless chicken breasts filled with bacon and brie cheese.

Ingredients




  • 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts



  • 6 pieces bacon, cooked



  • 6 ounces of brie



  • 1/2 cup almond flour



  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated



  • 1/2 tsp sage



  • 1/2 tsp paprika



  • 1/2 tsp black pepper



  • 1/4 cup coconut oil



  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • Instructions




    1. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4" thickness. Place 1 slice of bacon and 1 oz brie in each breast. Roll up and tuck in ends, secure with toothpicks



    2. Combine almond flour, parmesan cheese, sage, paprika & pepper. Coat chicken on all sides, cover and refrigerate for an hour.



    3. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil, then transfer to slow cooker. Add broth and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
    4. Yield: 6
      Prep Time: 2:00
      Cook time: 5:00

      Nutrition

      • Calories: 344



    5. Fat: 27



    6. Sodium: 723



    7. Totalcarbs: 4



    8. Dietaryfiber: 1



    9. Protein: 24
    10. No comments:

      Post a Comment